Pandan With Coconut Milk
One of my blogger friends showed her photo of 相思蛋糕 and shared a link to her friend's recipe. Since it is such a famous cake in the net, I tried baking it today. However, I only wanted to bake a 7" square cake so I alter the recipe by 30%. Its very soft and spongy with the water bath method...
Corn Oil 45g
Coconut Cream 60ml
Egg Yolks 4
Pandan Juice 2 tsp
Sift together :
Cake Flour 50g
Salt 1/8 tsp
Baking Powder 1/4 tsp
Egg Whites 4
Cream of tartar 1/8 tsp
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and pandan juice together till creamy
- Heat up the corn oil and coconut cream in microwave on high for 10mins, then stir it into (1)
- Add in the sifted cake flour, salt and baking powder. Stir well and keep one side
- Beat egg whites on high, add in the 50g sugar & 1/8 tsp of tartar and continue to beat till stiff.
- Fold egg whites into the egg yolks batter and pour into a 7" square (lined with baking paper at the bottom) and water bath bake @ 140 deg for 2 hours.
One of my baking trainer did said ... its okay to bake at lower temperature for a longer period...the cake wont turn dry but it will be moist and well baked.